Friday, December 17, 2010

Introductions

Welcome to my new blog! As you can see from my profile my name is John D. Kasarda, and I’m the Director of the Frank Hawkins Kenan Institute for Private Enterprise at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. In my upcoming blog posts I will explore and share my thoughts about a variety of topics. Expect posts about aviation and infrastructure, economic development, demography, the Aerotropolis, and many other subjects.

Additionally, in March of 2011, Greg Lindsay’s and my new book, Aerotropolis: The Way We’ll Live Next is being published by Farrar, Strauss and Giroux. I’ll be posting more information about the book on this blog and writing about many of the concepts that appear in the book. Please take a look at the Aerotropolis website for reviews, blurbs, and more information my other publications and research.

I hope you enjoy reading this blog as much as I enjoy discussing the concepts. I encourage you to leave comments about my ideas or your own ideas, and I’ll attempt to answer your questions as best I can. I look forward to our future discussions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment